5 Tips To Make a Great Outdoor Space
Here are my five tips on creating a welcoming outdoor space on a budget.
Today I’m talking about creating an outdoor oasis on a budget. During the pandemic a lot of us have refound the joys of our outdoor living spaces. Especially in a city, having a space outside for relaxation or entertaining and gathering with friends can make a big difference. Sometimes it can be hard to know where to start, and it can seem a little overwhelming so I have some tips for you about creating a functional and enjoyable outdoor space on a budget:
1. Set a budget. Decide on the amount of money that you're comfortable spending. This could be a few hundred dollars or it could be zero. There are ways to use free and secondhand items to create great outdoor spaces. One of my favorite places to find outdoor furniture is on neighborhood list services like Nextdoor or Facebook Marketplace.
2. Shade. When you're looking at your outdoor space, shade is really important, especially with how hot it gets in the summer. An umbrella is a good way to have shade, but also think about whether you could have a sunshade or sail installed. They're relatively inexpensive and easy to hang up. They go a long way in creating shade and making your outdoor space more comfortable.
3. Seating. If you don't have outdoor furniture readily available, you could consider using wooden indoor furniture that you are okay painting with a weather-resistant stain or paint.
"Having a space outside for relaxation or entertaining and gathering with friends can make a big difference."
4. An outdoor rug. They're available for less than $50 from Home Depot and can create a great visual appeal.
5. Lighting. I really love solar-powered lights because they're easy to install, and you don't need an electrical outlet. They create a welcoming ambiance and allow you to also use your space at night.
I'd love to see some pictures of the spaces that you create. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to me. I’m here to help you out.